1) Proverbs 12:18 The tongue of the wise is health. Proverbs: 13:3 He that keepeth his mouth, keepeth his life. Proverbs: 18:4 The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters.
The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, for they comfort and calm every storm that life encounters…yes indeed His words are as deep waters.These are some of the most realistic and powerful statements that I have heard about the effects of human speech. That, it is without doubt what we admit with the tongue which will cause us to increase or to decrease, to conquer or to be captured, and to laugh or to cry. Though, the tongue literally is nothing but an organ, and quite insignificant that way, it can accurately perform the function of verbally validating the innermost thoughts of our selves. This confessing capacity of the tongue is what makes it both empowering and destructive at the same time. It is the “Human Rudder”: which though being small can alter the course of our life.
2) Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. It is the Father’s responsibility to train/discipline his children, he cannot delegate it to anybody else. And no amount of discipline could ever make up for timely and adequate training. Also, know that your child would very quickly reach the age where disciplining would not be possible anymore. Therefore, discipline them when they are tender, train them believing it to be your divine calling, with all earnestness.
3) Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker. The meaning of the word mock is “not real”, therefore it goes without saying what wine, intoxicants of any genre, does to the human mind. For it makes reality look virtual by seducing a numb mind to deceptively trod sinful paths. Wine makes idiots out of men and fools out of women. Red wine, white wine and whatever, they are all mockers: abstain!
4) Proverbs: 24:10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. Everybody wakes up one morning, of their life, to realize that all hell, death-disease-debts-distress, has broken loose in their life. And they believe that nothing can be done, they believe that the situation is beyond repair. The natural recourse for many in a situation like this is that lousy word often repeated by psychologists: depression. But know that for someone who believes in Christ, there ain’t a world called: depression. Those of us who have faced adversities in the past, know that it is not a continual process, and that it ends one day. Know that your mountain will be removed, know that no mountain is too difficult for the Lord to handle. Leave it on Him, for which other God has ever said: My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
5) Proverbs: 20:13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty. One of the basic principles to fight poverty is through activity, for sleep makes us inactive, whether it be mental (day-dreaming) or actual physical sleep. It prevents the ray of creativity from radiating in our lives, it stunts and destroys the fabric that dreams are made of. Sleep has robbed many a men and women of their actual potential. Know that moments of inactivity has a steep future price to be paid with. So, if you’ve been sleeping for way too long, it’s time to wake up.